Consumer Action Help Desk
Consumer Action wants to help you resolve your consumer complaints. For free, non-legal advice, email our Complaint Hotline. Or, call 415-777-9635 and leave us a voice mail message with a brief description of your complaint and the state you live in. Our multilingual hotline counselors will return your email or call as soon as possible, usually within a day or two on weekdays. We speak Chinese, English, and Spanish. While you wait, check out these self-help resources:
Help Desk Resources
- Hotline Chronicles: Consumer Action's Hotline Chronicles is a series of articles based on advice given to consumers by our staff members. Hotline Chronicles appears every month in our e-newsletter, Consumer Action INSIDER. Click here to browse the entire series.
- Class action lawsuit directory: Consumer Action wants to keep you informed of class actions that might affect your rights. Visit our Class Action Database for more information.
- How To Complain: Booklet: How To Complain is a booklet providing helpful advice for resolving complaints. It offers guidance for remedies through the legal system, government agencies, and local consumer groups, and includes a sample complaint letter and sample email complaint.
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau: The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) is the consumer protection agency with oversight of financial products and services. Submit financial services complaints at CFPB Complaint Form. Or, call 855-411-CFPB (2372). English and Spanish spoken.
- Alerts: Consumer Action's Alerts highlight trends in consumer complaints, scams, outrageous fees and other notable consumer information.
- Consumer Rights FAQs: Our Consumer Rights FAQs provides answers to our most frequently asked questions about credit, banking, debit cards, phones and more.
- Consumer Action Handbook: The Consumer Action Handbook is a PDF guide that can help with your consumer problems and questions. Find help on such topics as buying and leasing cars, shopping from home, and protecting your privacy and yourself from fraud.
TIP: Click here to order your free printed copy of the Consumer Action Handbook.
- Links to Outside Organizations: To browse other websites for more consumer information, check out our Consumer Resources Links page. Our Links to Outside Organizations have been chosen by Consumer Action staff members.
Support Consumer Action
Join Our Email List
Managing Money Menu
- Help Desk
- Submit Your Complaints
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Links to Consumer Resources
- Consumer Service Guide (CSG)