A Message from Consumer Action

Consumer Action's MoneyWi$e educational materials have moved to our Managing Money Project website. Here you may view, download and order bulk copies of the MoneyWi$e materials. Please make a note of the Managing Money Project address— www.managing-money.org —and add it to your address book.

Help Desk FAQ

Consular ID (Matricula Consular)


How do I obtain a Mexican matrĂ­cula consular?

If you are a Mexican citizen and wish to obtain a matrícula consular (also known as a Mexican Matrícula Consular de Alta Seguridad, or a Mexican CID card), read the Mexican embassy's instruction sheet on obtaining a matrícula.

The cost for obtaining a matrícula consular is $27. You will also need to present proof of Mexican nationality, proof of identity and proof of local address. The instruction sheet lists acceptable forms of proof for each category.



Quick Menu

Support Consumer Action

Support Consumer

Join Our Email List

Optional Member Code
Facebook FTwitter T

MoneyWise Modules

Managing Money Topics

Help Desk